Last month, Redpath joined thousands of Salesforce.org community members gathered in San Francisco for a week of networking, learning and growing together at Dreamforce 2019. This annual conference is always packed with exciting new product demos and announcements, and this year was no exception. Read about some of the most exciting new products geared toward nonprofits that were featured at Dreamforce this year.
Nonprofit Cloud Enhancements for better program management
Salesforce recently announced several new expansions coming to Nonprofit Cloud, all designed to help organizations reach more people and achieve their missions with personalized experiences. Here’s more details about some of the exciting features discussed at Dreamforce.
Nonprofit Cloud Volunteer Management
Salesforce will soon be offering Nonprofit Cloud Volunteer Management, a brand new product created specifically to help volunteer managers maximize impact and efficiencies related to volunteer resources. With an anticipated Spring 2020 launch, key features will include project and shift creation, volunteer registration and tracking, shift-specific emails, and the ability to mass create shifts for high-volume situations. It will also integrate with Customer Community Cloud.
This new product is not to be confused with Volunteers for Salesforce (V4S). Salesforce will also plan to continue supporting V4S for the foreseeable future.
Nonprofit Cloud Case Management
Salesforce also showcased Nonprofit Cloud Case Management, a new product made specifically for case managers at small to medium-sized nonprofits–enabling them to provide personalized care for more individuals at a larger scale. Some of our favorite new features will include page layouts designed for case workers, highly customizable Case Plans, Case Notes, Incidents and Assessments.
The target release date for this new product is currently targeted for mid-year 2020.
Program Management comes to NPSP
New Program Management functionality is also being added to the Nonprofit Success Pack (NPSP). As this popular product continues to grow, Salesforce saw a need to continue to innovate NPSP in ways that make it simpler and faster for nonprofits to get their programs off the ground. Some of the cool new Program Management functionality coming to NPSP include:
- Client Community connection available
- Guided forms within community
- Omni Channel communication (email, sms, social)
- Option to add Einstein bot connection for chat support
- Built-in customizable automation
- New salesforce custom objects including Program, Program Participation and Program Application
- Application conversion to program participant
- Out of the box Program dashboards
End-to-End Fundraising Suite of Products
Salesforce also released a new suite of products to help nonprofits elevate fundraising and amplify engagement among supporters.
- Salesforce.org Payment Services. Simply manage payments with securely and easily your preferred payment provider (PayPal, Authorize.net, Stripe and more).
- Salesforce.org Giving Pages. Easily create on-brand, mobile-friendly Giving Pages with fully customizable templates.
- Nonprofit Cloud Engagement Hub. Easily communicate with constituents via a mobile-friendly portal that includes out of the box templates.
- Salesforce.org Insights Platform. Empower your team with data-driven insights about your constituents. Real-time analytics of donor data presented right on the contact record page.
- Accounting Subledger. Bridge the gap between fundraising data and your accounting team.
One of the most talked about announcements at Dreamforce was the recent launch of Trailhead GO: a completely free, and first-ever mobile app for Salesforce’s popular Trailhead site. (Note: The Trailhead GO app is exclusive to iOS and iPadOS as part of Salesforce’s strategic partnership with Apple.) Now, just grab your iPhone or Ipad to access more than 700 modules covering business, technical and soft skills within the world of Salesforce and beyond. Earn a shiny new badge while you’re riding the train, waiting in line for coffee or virtually anywhere you like! Download it from the App Store to give it a try today.
Want more Dreamforce content and product announcements? Check out the Dreamforce ’19 Ultimate Content Guide.